One way to use AutoMathic is by running
Scripted calculations are pre-built workflows that set up and
complete calculations automatically.
Loading a scripted
calculation runs it, and often includes comments,
expressions, variables, interactive input,
and other Command-mode commands.
- Tap the "File..." button to access
the File Operations menu.
- Choose the "Load Algebra"
- Select a scripted calculation (.eqn) file from the list.
- Scripted calculation files can be viewed
to learn more about the calculation before using it.
- Read the pop-up prompts/instructions to provide input.
- Input can be any valid expression,
made up of numbers, operators, and/or variables.
- Unless otherwise instructed, enter nothing if you don't know
value being asked for... It will be treated as an
- Unknowns will be found automatically if possible.
- Review the output area to see the results of the calculation.
- Additional or follow-up calculations can be done manually from
AutoMathic includes a library of scripted calculation files that
all of the Command-mode features to perform many useful,
calculations. However, you can also create your own custom
scripts and import
them into AutoMathic:
- Use any text editor on your device or computer to create a
plain text file containing any Command-mode
- Give it a filename with a ".eqn" file extension.
- Use the iOS Files app or iTunes File Sharing to add
the script file to AutoMathic's documents.